Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The road is paved with good intentions, and littered with mysteries*

Honestly, I am trying to get this thing off the ground.

I have the best of intentions, and a backlog of books to review.

Faithful Place by Tana French
Broken by Karin Slaughter
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
H is for Hitchcock by Susan Kandel

I am currently reading Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny and OH MY GOD I love it! She is excellent! Gamache is a wonderful character. And I want to visit Canada even more now.

At the top of the TBR pile is the first solo Jennifer Crusie in SIX years, Maybe This Time. Why have I waited to read it? I might be a bit nervous. It has been six years. She's been collaborating during this time, but she's going in a new direction. I totally approve of wing-spreading, and don't want anyone to feel stuck, but when you love a writer's work, you develop certain expectations and there is a fear of disappointment.

I've been checking things out from the library on a weekly basis, but haven't read nearly as much as I would like. Lots of titles are going back with their spines un-cracked. By me, anyways. Tonight will be no exception. But I do have a few to pick up, so we'll see.

*I tend to forget that it's really "The road to hell is paved..." I do read a lot of mysteries and thrillers. It probably ties together.

No comments:

Post a Comment